Radiology Top 100
Radiology Discussion Boards

Welcome Visitor, Please Register or Login
Author
xray-ted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Sprained Ankle X-ray Reply with quote

Does anyone know if a sprained ankle shows on an x-ray? Do you need special views?

Last edited by xray-ted on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

wanwaqiuddin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Sprained Ankle X-ray Reply with quote

[quote:fdf6f9fed7="xray-ted"]Does anyone know if a sprained ankle shows on an x-ray? Do you need special views?[/quote:fdf6f9fed7]

make it soft but not to soft, to see any air collection...

Radiology Glossary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do stress views to show ligament damage.

alvin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently sprained my right ankle and i wanted to get an x-ray check up.

CigarPete
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason to get an x-ray for a sprained ankle.. have your physician follow the Ottawa rules and save yourself some unnecessary radiation and the medical system some money so we can save that to fight Obamacare.

Lincoln Brown

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

The more severe your ankle sprain is, the longer time it will take to heal. It is advisable to consult your doctor. You will be advised to go for an X-ray to know whether it is sprained or fractured. You will be treated as per the X-ray report.

Along with doing that, you need to start some treatment to break down scar tissue on the ligament that may cause problems in the future with you constantly re-injuring it.

Find a physiotherapist who can do some deep transverse friction massage and pulsed ultrasound.You can also go for some self treatments like , try to protect your ankle from further harm , take rest at least for the first 48 to 72 hours,apply ice packs ,compress the area by bandaging it to support the injury ,use a pillow to keep the area raised or elevated.

You could follow certain exercises like move your foot up and down like pressing on a car pedal; move your foot in both clockwise and anti-clockwise manner.

Thanks.

neivindamin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had fracture in my ankle last year but then again there is always a pain in it.i had shown to doc. taken many x-ray nothing come is there any other device to look inside.

Lincoln Brown

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:acbaba973d="neivindamin"]i had fracture in my ankle last year but then again there is always a pain in it.i had shown to doc. taken many x-ray nothing come is there any other device to look inside.[/quote:acbaba973d]

If you are having a severe pain then consult your doctor , who has treated you , or you can also consult a neurologist . May be the pain is due to nerve problem.

Aaliah thomas

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:50b8a1fad8="neivindamin"]i had fracture in my ankle last year but then again there is always a pain in it.i had shown to doc. taken many x-ray nothing come is there any other device to look inside.[/quote:50b8a1fad8]

Hey don't worry. See the most common reason of pain may be that you are over stressing your injured leg. If not please tell your doctor to check whether there is any other injury to the surrounding ligaments. For that it's better to go for an MRI as MRI is more specific for ligamentous injuries. Hope you'll get relief from your pain in near future.

Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Jump to: