Radiology Top 100
Radiology Discussion Boards

Welcome Visitor, Please Register or Login
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Joined: 08 Apr 2013
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Radiology Assistant Reply with quote

Associates degree versus certification for radiology technologists? I'm applying to a radiology sciences program. One is at a community college that provides an associates degree upon completion, and one is at a well-known hospital that doesn't give a degree, but provides certification.
recipes for food ~ recipes for dinner ~ quick easy meals

Last edited by triniyasa on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 1083
Location: New Haven, CT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radiographer, aka Radiologic Technologist will require an Associate degree by Jan 1, 2015. It will not be required that the degree be in radiography so if you already have an AA, AS, BA or BS, you might as well do the certificate progam .. as long as it is an accredited program (if it is not, you will not be allowed to take the national certification exam). What the hospital provides is not certification, but a certificate. There's a difference.

If you have no degree, it will be wiser to take the community college program because - by the time you graduate the program - you will be required to have the degree in order to take the national certification exam.

For a list of accredited programs, see the ARRT website here -

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB