Radiology Top 100
Radiology Discussion Boards

Welcome Visitor, Please Register or Login
Author
hjhogle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a deep breath and do the right thing. Hopefully none of you choices resulted in compromised patient care - that'll be trouble.

Although my problems did not involve my general work practices - if my experience is anything to go by, you'll be ok. Explain the circumstances thoroughly. Don't hold back anything, it'll come back to haunt you. Be honest, take responsibility for stupid choices.

Then breathe normally, go about your business and forget about it. Once you've done your best and behaved like an adult, worrying about it will get you ZIP.

Good luck to you, hope you're making better choices today
hjh, RT

celeste7777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, but have been spending much time reading up on the profession so I can hopefully enter Rad School next year. I had a question regarding licensure...

In 2007, I was arrested for DWI but the charge got reduced to DWAI (driving while ability impaired) in court. NY state considers DWAI as a traffic violation, NOT a misdeamor or felony. On the application for school it asks the following:

"Have you ever been convicted of any offense other than traffic violations?"

Even though it got reduced to a traffic violation, I am still worried about it affecting my chances of getting in. I don't want them to think I am someone who has problems with alcohol or anything (I never drink anymore... actually never really have, just had bad luck one night, was right at the legal limit)

Also, does anyone know exactly what information shows up when they do the check? Does it show that I was arrested and that my charge got reduced to another charge, or does it only show the final conviction?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :)

hjhogle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the school directly and ask the question.

Other people may have had similar experiences, but unless they were applying to the same school in the same year there's no way for them to tell you what [u:e565fb57ce]this [/u:e565fb57ce]school will do [u:e565fb57ce]this [/u:e565fb57ce]year.

So just call them and ask.

hjh, RT

verano_66

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: ARRT DUI??? Reply with quote

So I am applying to take the registry exam. I am 29 years old now. I have 2 dui's one when I was 18 and another when I was 23. I am so scared that this might stop me from taking the registry exam. I have just spent over 2 years as a student and have worked very hard for this. I am sending the arrt all the court documents and my personal explaination of the events. I was told that admitting the charges is better than them finding out about it later. Any advice?? Anyone else had a DUI and the ARRT let them take the exam?? Help!! :( :( :?:

My school had us do a background check at the beginning, but these charges did not come up??

MattP2144

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently waiting for my response from the ARRT, i have had a DUI when i was 18, and 2 misdemeanor drinking under age offenses when i was 19 and 20... I should have my response one day this week, its been about 5 weeks. I called the ARRT to check the status and they told me it went in front of the committee yesterday, so by the end of the week early next week. I know two people who have had just one DUI and they were cleared... Its all a case by case basis though...

MattP2144

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also i graduate in less then 40 days, and im 25

MattP2144

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: good to go Reply with quote

After about 6 weeks i finally got my letter saying i can take my boards.... that was a long 6 weeks

hjhogle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.

hjh, RT

emoticon23

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Help..Criminal history and ARRT application Reply with quote

What ever happened? Hope it turned out well.

[quote="hopefull"]Hello all,I just have a quick question.I am graduating from my RT program in less than a month.I just was given the application from the program director.I noticed on there that the ARRT wants to know about my criminal history.Im 35 now and had done some dumb immature things growing up.Growing up in the inner city on the east side of Buffalo,Ny I grew up there with other kids and we all did stupid things not thinking how it would affect our futures,I have been arrested for petit larceny,resisting arrest,obstruction of goverment,escape,that was when I was 18,when I was 21 I was arrested for DUI,and when I was 32 I was leaving wedding reception and had a couple drinks and pulled up to a check point and received another DUI.I have paid all fines and there is nothing pending,no accident or any personal injury in either DUI.Almost all that stuff happened when I was a kid,unfortenetly it is on my record now.The DUI when I was 32 I realize I was an adult and just made a bad choice to drive,I had a couple of drinks but felt that I was not Intoxicated.I am wondering if I wasted all this time and money trying to make a better future for myself.I love what I have been doing in this program,Its a great feeling helping people.I knew I loved it when I had my first rotation.Im an adult now.Do you think the ARRT is going to deny me to sit for the registry and not allow me to get my license.I do not want to lie on the application about my criminal history.Thx and sorry for the lengthy story.I feel like depression is setting in because I dont know where to go from here.I dont want to end up in a warehouse the rest of my life.Thx for any and all help.[/quote]

Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

Jump to: