Radiology Top 100
Radiology Discussion Boards

Welcome Visitor, Please Register or Login
Author
miker21468

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Can't get my ARRT. Military trained in 1989 please help! Reply with quote

I was trained as an x-ray technologist at fort Sam Houston Texas back in 1988 when I enlisted in the Army. I was stationed at Letterman Army Medical Center and honorably discharged in 1991 and got state certified (CRT). The US Army training was not recognized by the ARRT in 1988 as an accredited school at this time. So I was unable to sit dowwn and take the ARRT exam. I have been working as an x-ray technologist in a wide range of medical institutions since 1990. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find employment with only my state certification and flouro certification. Is attending a 2 year program at this point in my career my only option for getting my ARRT . Most Schools wont even let me attend classes for a different modality such as ultrasound without my ARRT. are there any veterans out there having the same problem. please help.

hjhogle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unable to find a clear answer for you on the ARRT website or in the most recent version of the ARRT handbook (available as a PDF from the site).

You'll get the most reliable answer by calling the ARRT (651) 687-0048 and then selecting '0' to reach the switchboard. They can direct you.

miker21468

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much I will give them a try.

Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic

Jump to: