Radiology Top 100
Radiology Discussion Boards

Welcome Visitor, Please Register or Login
Author
esaltares1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Job oportunities??? Reply with quote

Is there any descrimination for male gender Radiologyst with a major in mamography and angiography in obtaining a job doin mamogarphies?
need your opinion??[/b]

hjhogle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not certain what you're asking.

If you're asking about a Radiologist (who is a licensed MD who has specialized in INTERPRETING diagnostic images), the answer is no.

If you're asking about a Radiographer (Radiologic Technologist or R.T.), the general answer is that I have never worked in a facility that allowed males to perform mammography.

I hope that helps.

[u:b6ff37ac0f]FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE[/u:b6ff37ac0f]

No estoy seguro de lo que estás pidiendo.

Si estás preguntando por un radiólogo (que es un MD con licencia que se ha especializado en interpretación de imágenes de diagnóstico), la respuesta es no.

Si estás preguntando por un radiólogo (Radiólogo o RT), la respuesta general es que nunca he trabajado en una instalación que los hombres les permite realizar la mamografía

Espero que las respuestas a su pregunta.

hjh, RT

CigarPete
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet.. hjh.. they allow male gynecologists and breast cancer surgeons. Is it the claim of radiography that male radiograpers are not professional enough to perform these exams?

Not that I want to do mammos.. but hey.. I say if anyone wants to.. Sexual discrimination should not determine their career choice.

Of course.. I'm not saying you personally feel this way.. just answering it because it was posted..

<huggles>

Pete

hjhogle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I agree with you, CP.

I think it's archaic to prevent so many radiographers from performing necessary imaging procedures .. Back in the day (when exams now performed in the other places were done in the department AND when RT's did a lot of things they're not allowed to do now) I catheterized my own patients - male, female, peds - for VCUG's and cysto's.

I was simply explaining what I see - and I've never worked anywhere that had male RT's performing mammo.

hjh, RT

Debs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Males doing exams Reply with quote

Our facility had a male technologist that did breast ultrasound, but that was mainly due to the fact that he was the only ultrasound technologist available. He was not comfortable with that, nor were the Radiologists, so that ended and the patients were sent elsewhere for the exam.
In our case, it was more of a legality issue. The Radiologist stated that if the male tech were to do the exam, a female tech was to be in the room with them. Being short staffed most of the time, that did not work well.
As far as for mammograms, I'm not sure you would find enough female patients that would agree to have their exam done by a male. Maybe in a larger facility, but not a smaller one like ours.

jonathantrott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: http://www.healthcampus.com/dental-ce/ Reply with quote

Home Study Educators, HSE (healthcampus.com™) is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) Provider. We offer high quality home-study continuing education courses written by dental professionals. Courses are offered in mail-order or online book format. Simply select your course(s), take the exam by paper or online and receive your certificates instantly!
http://www.healthcampus.com/dental-ce/

Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic

Jump to: