1. Other car was south bound, lost control and crossed the 101 divider and hit my north bound car.
2. Other driver was killed instantly. He had no insurance and a suspended license. Police report hasn’t been released yet but driver may have been drunk. Insurance was cancelled in March when license was suspended. Does lien holder on car have any liablity? How do I find out if at-fault driver has assets?
3. I was the passenger in a friend’s car. I sustained minor injuries but spent a night in the hospital for testing and observation. Medical bills will be in excess of K between ambulance, ER, doctor bills, CAT scans, etc.
4. Friend’s insurance has k/k uninsured motorist coverage.
5. My auto insurance has 00 PIP and my underinsured policy may cover the additional difference. I’m in TX.
6. I don’t want to get stuck with this bill. Already, the hospital and ambulance company are calling and sending me bills.
Any advice on how to proceed.